Senior Museum Aide - Preparator, City of Greeley Museums, Greeley, CO
POSITION: Senior Museum Aide - Preparator
SALARY: This is a part time, hourly position with a salary range of $11.10 - $15.98 Hourly
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Curator of Exhibits
SCHEDULE: 10-20 Hours per Week – Schedule May Vary
DEPARTMENT: Culture, Parks, Recreation Division, Museums Division
JOB SUMMARY: The City of Greeley Museums seeks a dedicated and detail-oriented Exhibits Assistant – Preparator. This is a part-time position assisting the Curator of Exhibits with hands-on preparation of exhibitions including: construction of exhibit materials such as display cases, artifact mounts, and tables; gallery maintenance including painting and drywalling; packing, transporting, and organizing exhibition materials; installation/deinstallation of museum artifacts and other exhibition materials. This position will also assist with exhibit-related public programming as needed. This position operates out of the Greeley History Museum.
· High school diploma or GED.
· At least one year of experience that is directly related to the specified duties and responsibilities
· Basic knowledge of carpentry/fabrication, painting, drywalling, and lighting systems.
· Ability to handle objects and furnishings that can weigh up to 50 pounds
· Ability to organize large spaces with many needs
· Prior museum/art gallery experience
· Skill in art/artifact handling and crating
· Knowledge of art/artifact display methods and techniques
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Ability to:
· Follow written and /or verbal instructions and communicate information to others.
· Follow established safety policy and practices at all times.
· Operate equipment such as power tools and shop equipment
· Work independently as well as with others.
· Be flexible and adaptable to changing working conditions, different work methods and change in priorities.
· Must be available to work a varying schedule depending on the museum’s exhibition and installation schedules.
WORK ENVIROMENT and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time.
· Requires ability to perform multiple tasks at one time with frequent interruptions
· Lift and carry up to 50 pounds over a variety of surfaces.
· Climb steps and ladders.
· Work at various heights and in confined spaces.
· Manual dexterity enough to operate hand tools and power tools, and move objects.
· Vision enough to perform above functions and read printed instructions.
Details and application
MPMA: A 10-State Regional Museum Association
Colorado, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas and Wyoming
7755 South 23rd Street | Lincoln, NE 68512T: 402-904-6938 | www.mpma.net | firstname.lastname@example.org
All content © 2002-2016 Mountain-Plains Museums Association (MPMA)