Leadership and Innovation Award
Innovation is more important than ever and the MPMA Leadership and Innovation Award celebrates the creative spirit of MPMA member institutions honoring leadership in and innovation in all areas of museum operation.
Innovation can include, but is not limited to, the following areas: audience and community building, collections management, education programs, exhibits, interpretation, management practices, outreach initiatives, public programs, use of technology and visitor experience.
Award winners will receive free basic conference registration and a ticket to the awards banquet.
Nominations must demonstrate:
• Originality and creativity—How original and creative is the project?
• Practicality and Replication—Is the project practical and can it be done by others?
• Connection to Mission—Does the project relate to the institution’s mission?
• Impact on Community—Does the project provide benefits beyond the institution?
Nominations must include a description of the program up to five pages in length. The description must include:
• Institutional mission
• Project goals
• How project fits within the institutions long-range plan
• Project cost
• Target audience (This might include staff and/or volunteers.)
• Measurable outcomes
The nomination may include photographs or illustrations.
Email all materials to Hyojung.email@example.com